Producer Membership Eligibility
Any Florida entity or individual in connection with producing, marketing, or selling of organic and sustainable agricultural products; or with the growing, harvesting, preserving, drying, processing, canning, packing, grading, storing, warehousing, handling, shipping, or utilizing such products; or manufacturing or marketing of the by-products thereof; or in connection with any of the activities mentioned herein, the manufacturing, selling, or supplying of machinery, equipment or supplies; or in performing or furnishing business or educational services, on a Cooperative basis for those engaged in agriculture as bona-fide producers of agricultural products or in any one or more of the activities specified herein is eligible to become a Producer Member of the Homegrown Local Food Cooperative.
Producer Membership EligibilityHow It Works - Producer
Sales & Marketing Services
Homegrown Co-op exists to promote and facilitate sales for Florida's family farms practicing non-toxic, sustainable and certified organic production methods. Homegrown Co-op works for your business around the clock to push sales of your unique products. We facilitate direct farm gate sales virtually through our Online Farmers' Market. We also support retail sales for USDA/FDA compliant businesses at our Downtown Orlando Farm Store. For larger farms, we can also help with larger volume wholesale distribution to a growing network of locally owned restaurants and independent grocery stores around the Central Florida region. In addition facilitating product sales, we help with marketing your business along side the greater National movement toward a local, relationship based, economy. Homegrown Co-op keep busy continuously educating the public about the many benefits to eating organic food for their personal health, and additionally about the exponential benefits seen by purchasing their groceries from local suppliers. We educate the community on your behalf through this website, Facebook social media, our Farm Store, special events, education seminars, movie nights, pot luck dinner and regular farm tours. Homegrown Co-op leadership can also be consulted by a small farm, or artisan producer, to understand any production niches that are either completely unfulfilled, or under supplied by another local entrepreneur. Take the guess work out of next years crop or crafts project and ask us what our Patron Member are demanding. If you're just getting started, we can help guide you to the right resources to get your business on the right track for success.
Sales & Marketing ServicesHow It Works - Producer
In addition to benefiting from the core business functions sale and marketing, we offer Producer Members true ownership benefits in the form of an Employee Discount. This unique, and generous, financial bonus affords you 'at cost' access to all the goods and services available through our growing and diverse marketplace. Just like you would expect from a business you own, as a Member-Owner of Homegrown Co-op you have the owners privilege to purchase goods and services from your cooperative associates at cost.
- 10% off meats
- 20% off Everything else
- Purchase discounts exclude Our Vital Earth worm kits & delivery fees
- No discount purchase limits on online orders
- Farm Store purchases limited to $100 per daily visit
- Membership Card must be presented at time of purchase to receive discount without delay
- Producer discounts are subject to change with notice of action by the Board of Directors
Purchase DiscountsHow It Works - Producer
What happens with my Membership investment?
By investing into Homegrown Co-op as a Producer Owner, you are helping to fund the infrastructure needed to properly serve your private business's success. Your money directly supports the Co-op's capital infrastructure. You are a local food shed stake holder contributing an equitable financial investment into our collective economic future. We will work together to build mission capacity by directing organized and debt-free resources into development projects and marketing strategies strategic for our business' success. Your Membership funds are used for Capital Investments, including equipment, tools and talent, needed to service your business needs and family's desires.
- Membership investments are thoughtfully planned with you directly to acquire critically needed assets to serve your farm and/or artisan business. As an example, if you grow veggies, we'll put your money toward a cooler to merchandise the perishable product. If you bake cookies, we'll invest in a display case. If you need help with packaging, we'll gear up on the right tools and materials.
- We also pool producer membership funds to make larger purchases like delivery trucks and walk-in coolers, which will be used to service your business with on-site pickups and expanded distribution option including wholesale accounts service to restaurants and independent grocers around the region.
- A portion of dues are contributed toward administrative costs including application processing, assisting with your Online Market profile and product listings, along with live launch promotions and in-store product demonstrations by our staff.
- We also pool resources to make sure we have enough liability insurance to protect the Co-op and your business from misfortune.
What happens with my Membership investment?How It Works - Producer
Homegrown Local Food Cooperative is business organization owned and governed democratically by the people and producers using its services. You don't have to commit to any responsibility when making the decision to join us as a Producer Owner, but if you are interested to get more involved... Our Bylaws empower a 9 person Board of Directors to oversee and direct the Co-op. Two of the nine seats are exclusively reserved for Producer Members, so that the voice, and special concerns, of small farms and artisan producers can be represented and informed in the development of Florida's local food system.
We have two empty seats reserved exclusively for Producer Members. We hope you will consider joining Homegrown as a fully vested member today, so that you can begin taking advantage of our savings programs and leadership capacity with our organization. We look forward to growing with you in 2012 and beyond.
Business GovernanceHow It Works - Producer
How to Register – Producer Member
Become a Producer Member-Owner Today! Here's How...1. Find out if you qualify to become a trusted supplier and/or Member-Owner of the Homegrown Local Food Cooperative.
- Sorry, but Producer Applications can not be completed online at this time. You must complete the paper application and return with signatures via snail mail, fax or scanned into email.
- Please be sure to include copies of all business licenses required for your business along with copies of any certifications we'd like to know about.
- Farms that are not Certified Organic or Certified Naturally Grown, must complete the application and survey in full, and schedule a physical site inspection with the Co-op's Market Director.
- One-time Fully Vested Share = $1,000
- or subscribe to pay five annual payments of only $200
Subscription Notice: $5 administrative fee due with every subscription payment. Voting Rights, Patronage Rebate Benefits and refunds only effective when Membership Dues are paid in full.
- We only accept check, cash or money orders for Producer Membership Share payments. You can snail mail a check payment, or schedule an appointment to meet with us down at the Farm Store (map).
- If your small business is short on cash, but flush with products/services, please contact Michael Tiner to discuss if a barter exchange will be feasible for your business to obtain Membership status.
- To sell your products, and to purchase directly from other producers, you'll want to create an account here: www.homegrown.locallygrown.net
- If you want to network and interact with your fellow producer associates and customers you'll want to create an account here: www.HomegrownCoop.org
Our awesome new website supports a localized Facebook-esque membership blog platform. Every Homegrown Member is a contributor. Share your stories, recipes & opinions with your fellow Central Florida Foodies here.