How to Support
This is the landing page to learn more about how to help support Homegrown Co-op. Check out the following ways you can help us fulfill our mission to build and sustain a locally owned, democratically controlled food system for our community.
- Own it! Membership is Ownership, so join today!
- Kick Start it! Please support our Kickstarter campaign to help finance our new Juice Bar Deli Kitchen. Learn more here…
- Finance it! If you are an investor interested to help Homegrown Co-op capital finance our strategic growth plan, learn more here…
- Volunteer! We understand some people have more time than money, so we have many donation needs and volunteer opportunities to fulfill. Learn more about how to help here…
- Bank Local! Although not an immediate, direct impact to Homegrown Co-op, in the bigger picture, long term strategy, moving your money to a locally owned bank is just as important as moving your grocery budget to our local farms.
BECOME A MEMBER: When you become a member, your money is circulated directly back into the co-op in the form of space improvements for more product, more parking, and better visibility and marketing. It also assists us in our daily operations costs, including refrigeration, lighting and staffing. You benefit by becoming part of the “family” of members, by helping the co-op grow, by receiving our member pricing, and by being able to place custom orders.
DONATIONS: Your tax-deductible donation to our co-op looks good for you at tax time, and it also helps the co-op grow in many ways. You can choose to use a straight donation form, or direct your money to a particular area of growth. The current selection is as follows: Deli & Juice Bar, general operations, parking lot expansion, building expansion, Adopt-a-Refrigerator, Friends of Homegrown Co-op, and general donation.
GIVE TO OUR KICKSTARTER: We are growing, and our next project is to complete a deli kitchen inside our Downtown Orlando Farm Store. The deli kitchen will serve fresh juice, healthy smoothies, along with locally sourced breakfast and lunch fare. Please consider contributing to our Kickstarter campaign to help us quickly complete this improvement. The campaign aims to raise $XX,000 for equipment, construction improvements & staffing. This will be an important new source of revenue for the co-op as we grow to better serve your needs.
INVEST WITH US: Member Loans are an essential financing tools for cooperative growth. Beyond the immediate Deli Kitchen plan, we are working toward major improvements to finish the retail Farm Store into a full service grocery provider. We will also move and expand our Online Farmers’ Market services, making room for more parking at the Farm Store.
We are seeking private capital in the form of interest-bearing loans from our members to quickly fund our business’ growth. Our business plan, fully developed, will support local family farms with annual sales of at least $5,000,000.
If you are interested to learn more about our strategic growth plans and our Member Loan program, please contact Homegrown Local Food Cooperative at email@example.com